We work with outstanding teams that have an exceptional idea to help them bring those ideas to market.
Endeavour Ventures is sector agnostic because opportunities could appear anywhere. We invest in seed to series-A rounds in companies that are based in Southeast Asia.
Endeavour Ventures is actively looking to invest in the equity of companies that are building the infrastructure for the crypto economy.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for interesting ideas that have the ability to scale. We’ve listed a few of the themes that we look at below but are willing to look at any sector.
We’re looking for humble and teachable founders. We aim to work with entrepreneurs for a while before making an investment so we can ensure that there’s an alignment of values. We’re looking for complimentary skills within the founding team - a good mix of business, technical, and product capabilities.
We’re not going to beat entrepreneurs down on the valuation, we’re looking for a fair valuation that gives the company enough capital to scale for 18 months while not diluting the founders excessively. We’re looking to invest in companies before they get to their series A round.
We’re looking for the new new thing, the thing that hasn’t been done before, the thing that leverages new and emerging technologies. We want to invest in emerging technologies and prefer new ideas to replicating things that have worked in other geographies.
We don’t want to be a passive investor, there are a number of people out there that are willing to write cheques. We want to be confident that we’re able to add-value to the venture and play some role in its success.
Areas of Focus
Endeavour Ventures is sector agnostic because opportunities could appear anywhere.
Complicated internal politics, increasing innovation and legacy infrastructure mean there are a lot of opportunities for entrepreneurs to create Financial Technology solutions.Find out more
The Crypto Economy
Crypto-economics will be as powerful a driver of change as the internet has been. Endeavour Ventures will be at the forefront of the industry in Asia with the networks to invest in and help develop these protocols.Find out more
E-Sports & Gaming
New and emerging business models combined with an increasing propensity to spend on games, means that prize pools for E-Sports are outgrowing the prize pools for traditional sports. Growing spending and new technologies combined with faster compute power will cause an avalanche of innovation in computer gaming.Find out more
Big Data & Artificial Intelligence
Life is becoming increasingly complex. To make sense of the clutter and take advantage of the growing data points, new tools are needed. Applications that create actionable insights from the cresting tidal wave of data will become must-haves for all sizes of businesses.Find out more
“Ideas are cheap, execution is everything”
The Crypto Economy
- For institutional funds to be able to invest in the crypto-economy, the infrastructure needs to develop further. Some early movers have benefitted from offering basic services to the crypto-economy e.g. wallets, fiat on-ramp, vanilla and derivative exchanges.
- There is a need for custodians, brokers and origination platforms amongst other solutions to develop before we see institutional buy-in.
- The economics will be centralized as the infrastructure is built out, we’ll be investing in this first stage through traditional equity structures
Dissemination and Cross-Pollination
- Currently security tokens are subject to the same rules and regulations as equity offerings so there is limited reason to want to utilize them over traditional equity.
- Security tokens have additional benefits over traditional equity such as: 24/7 markets, fractional ownership, rapid settlement, reduction in direct costs (capital tables automatically maintained), automated compliance, and the ability to utilize smart contracts.
- We believe that assets, which have typically been in the realm of equity investments will be tokenized.
- There are limited applications of new protocols that have been created to date with crypto-currencies. So far we’ve seen promising projects in sharing file storage, sharing compute power, ensuring ticket authenticity, flipping centralized marketing models, rewarding peer producers, transferring digital rights, and enabling identity verification, amongst other things.
- There hasn’t been any agreement on the most appropriate way to value these networks. The hype combined with Metcalfe’s law has made the market a moving feast.
Endeavour MediaView all media
There will be three key phases in the evolution of the crypto-token cycle before we get to a point where there will be accepted ways…
What’s going to be the next big thing in tech? There’s a lot of hype around different technologies that all promise to be the next…
Different forms of corporations have been used throughout history. The first limited liability corporation was enacted in New York in 1811. Company charters were used…
There has already been a bit of ink spilt on crypto-currency valuations and it’s something that I’ve spent some time thinking about. Some of the…
The way that we learn is antiquated. It is unlikely that your first career will be the one that you retire with. Students need to…
Security tokens could be the next big thing but there are a lot of issues that are standing in the way of what could potentially…